I have been putting off starting to write this after leaving Ireland on Thusday 16 June
As a result I have travelled quickly across UK to Harwich, very nice overnight ferry to Hook of Holland
Lots of Autobahn Miles to overnight in Hamburg.
Walked a lot to try and ease cramped muscles from 9 + hours riding a day. German dinner of roast pork and a few beers
About 6 motorbike shops were beside my hotel and looked for a new pair of boots. Could not decide what I wanted but bought waterproofing and renewed old boots instead which proved to be a wise decision.
A change of direction and decided to head straight to north of Denmark to get ferry straight
to Norway instead of going thru Copenhagen on new long bridge to Sweden.
Anyway the weather which had been kind up until now changed suddenly to torrential downpour of biblical proportions (think Noahs Ark) and despite all my protective gear I began to feel llike a drowned rat.
Then through the mist I saw stationary lights ahead and braked heavily and saw in front a big smash but then saw in my mirrors a black Golf GTI heading for me at speed and I thought I was about to become the meat in a 2 car sandwich but at the last second the boy racer veered into the ditch instead of hitting me
Shocked I moved on and after another 50k saw another car aquaplane off the Autobahn and land in a field
Overnight in Aalborg and treated myself to best ribeye steak of my life which turned out to be from Texas at Cox Orange Restaurant
The town was very lively because Under21 football match with Norway and open air Rick Astley concert

Anyway as a result when I tried to book ferry the first one was full for 2 days but managed to get seat on worlds fastest ferry, at least it set record 12 years ago beating Richard Branson to cross Atlantic in just over 2 days
It was quite small and made of aluminum and halfway across it was yawing from side to side through 3 metre waves thru about 40 degrees
Anyway the crossing was only about 2 hours and the 3rd of many many ferries on the trip


-That's an oilrig in the background

Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
As a result I have travelled quickly across UK to Harwich, very nice overnight ferry to Hook of Holland
Lots of Autobahn Miles to overnight in Hamburg.
Walked a lot to try and ease cramped muscles from 9 + hours riding a day. German dinner of roast pork and a few beers
About 6 motorbike shops were beside my hotel and looked for a new pair of boots. Could not decide what I wanted but bought waterproofing and renewed old boots instead which proved to be a wise decision.
A change of direction and decided to head straight to north of Denmark to get ferry straight
to Norway instead of going thru Copenhagen on new long bridge to Sweden.
Anyway the weather which had been kind up until now changed suddenly to torrential downpour of biblical proportions (think Noahs Ark) and despite all my protective gear I began to feel llike a drowned rat.
Then through the mist I saw stationary lights ahead and braked heavily and saw in front a big smash but then saw in my mirrors a black Golf GTI heading for me at speed and I thought I was about to become the meat in a 2 car sandwich but at the last second the boy racer veered into the ditch instead of hitting me
Shocked I moved on and after another 50k saw another car aquaplane off the Autobahn and land in a field
Overnight in Aalborg and treated myself to best ribeye steak of my life which turned out to be from Texas at Cox Orange Restaurant
The town was very lively because Under21 football match with Norway and open air Rick Astley concert
Anyway as a result when I tried to book ferry the first one was full for 2 days but managed to get seat on worlds fastest ferry, at least it set record 12 years ago beating Richard Branson to cross Atlantic in just over 2 days
It was quite small and made of aluminum and halfway across it was yawing from side to side through 3 metre waves thru about 40 degrees
Anyway the crossing was only about 2 hours and the 3rd of many many ferries on the trip
-That's an oilrig in the background
Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Norway
No comments:
Post a Comment